This is the part three of our ‘FDA Import Series’ where we offer insights to our European community who are exporting products or thinking about exporting products into the US.
With over 195 countries operating imports and exports throughout the global supply chain, importing into the U.S. has its own unique set of processes governed by the FDA and Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
If you’re importing products into the United States, or thinking about entering the US market, you’ll want to watch this on-demand webinar to help shore up your understanding of FSMA, particularly the Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP), and bolster your strategy by knowing more about the challenges, pitfalls, and detention risks. In addition, leveraging technology to filter alerts specific to your products, your partner’s products, or even specific locations can help you make lightning-fast decisions that can salvage your bottom line.
Framework of FSMA & FSVP
The on-demand webinar includes expert insights from Dean Leaman and Angel Suarez, whose combined experience covers International Imports and Exports and advisory knowledge of FDA Detention Without Physical Examination (DWPE). Brian Ravitch also provides a unique opportunity to hear from an authority who was instrumental with the creations of FSVP, offering the best perspective on how to take the learnings, rules, and framework of FSMA, and more specifically, FSVP within FSMA, to harness a sound strategy.
Watch & learn:
- What is FSMA, the Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) and System Recognition
- FSVP: Enforcement authorities, who must comply, exemptions, and evaluation and approval of foreign suppliers
- FSVP Regulatory Compliance and seven components of a successful FSVP program
- The layers and process of import refusal and import detention and what to expect at each stage
- Overview of foreign and domestic food safety, importing food and the PREDICT program
- The many moving parts of FDA Alerts including number, import alert name, reason for alert, guidance, and more…