The start of November is notable for several things, such as the end of daylight savings time, the informal start of the winter holiday season, and SupplySide West.
This annual fall gathering, which includes Food ingredients North America, is “the premier gathering of health and nutrition professionals bringing together buyers and suppliers from throughout the industry.”
This year’s event, which marks its 25th anniversary, runs from Oct. 31-Nov. 4 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, with the event’s organizers expecting more than 16,000 attendees.
“The health and nutrition industry has evolved tremendously in the last 25 years to create more health for more people, and SupplySide has been there, tracking trends and providing insights,” Informa Markets VP of content Sandy Almendarez said in a press release. “At this year’s show, we’ll continue to highlight this innovative marketplace by diving deep into the top industry developments, including supply chain logistics, sourcing challenges, and building the next generation of leaders. Our education will help businesses shore up their practices for success in the next 25 years and beyond.”
Why should you attend?
- Sustainability, an increasingly critical idea for consumers and manufacturers alike, will take center stage. SupplySide West, with multiple sessions dedicated to the topic, remains committed to moving the needle on sustainability.
- Exhibitors – more than 1,100 of them – will be on-site. If you can’t find good new business contact at SupplySide West, maybe you should stick with LinkedIn.
- The latest trends always emerge as a frequent topic of conversation. There’s simply no better place to catch up on the latest industry trends and “hot goss,” as the kids say. There’s no doubt your competitors will almost certainly be in Vegas. Shouldn’t you be?
- Dietary supplement sales soared throughout the pandemic, naturally attracting regulators’ attention. (Of course, the specter of white mulberry hasn’t helped.) As a result, industry boogiemen, like a mandatory product listing and DSHEA 2.0, have resurfaced. Industry insiders will be in Vegas all week to offer their insight.
- The SupplySide Stage, a focal point of the exhibit hall, will host several notable speakers throughout the event. One session we’re looking forward to is “Ingredient agility is brand agility,” featuring a pair of TraceGains executives who will show attendees how brands can build and leverage stronger supplier relationships to create a dynamic and agile ingredient program.
- Speaking of TraceGains, have you heard of TraceGains Gather™? It’s a revolutionary new solution the company announced this week that sits firmly at the forefront of supply chain management platforms, allowing food and beverage brands to capitalize on speed and agility to remain competitive amid shifting market conditions and fluctuating supply. Additionally, TraceGains Gather removes the roadblocks of broader enterprise software decisions from end users by giving them immediate individual access to solutions that empower them to overcome today’s challenges and perform their jobs. You can read more about it here.
Before you go…
We’ve put together a handy checklist to prepare you for your flight to Vegas. Before heading out, make sure you:
- Check out the guest list, including exhibitors and press.
- Register for SupplySide Network 365 and TraceGains Gather™.
- Create your listing on the world’s only Networked Ingredients Marketplace.
- Copy your URL to share with connections during the expo.
- Mark MR24 on the map (for your TraceGains meetings).
- Set your schedule and decide which sessions you want to attend most.
- Post updates on social media to let other attendees know where they can find you.
We can’t wait to see you
Finally, look out for members of the TraceGains team to learn more about how to enter our social media contest (using #gatheratssw), win up to $250 in gift cards, and transform your supply chain.